Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Designer Bible - Part 57. - Louis Vuitton

Well, my dears... The day has come... The day, that you will either love me or hate me... because...

Source

I'M SICK OF LV BAGS!!!

With all due respect, I appreciate the craftsmanship of the brand, but I'm just sick and tired of seeing them all over the streets... Louis Vuitton's bag must be one of the most copied items of all time!

Mr. Louis Vuitton
Source

Well, the compulsory history part is here for you:

Louis Vuitton Malletier  is a French fashion house founded in 1854 by Louis Vuitton. The label's LV monogram appears on most of its products (which drives me crazy, BTW - you really can't come up with anything better than that?). They make everything from trunks and leather goods to ready-to-wear, shoes, watches, jewelry, accessories, and sunglasses... 

As a starting point, the old suitcases were really wonderful, and I know, that we live in a society, where the profit is the most important thing (which LV obviously has, they have been chosen the most valuable brand for 6 years in a row), but come on... I feel like there is never anything new in their shop windows.


Vintage Louis Vuitton suitcases
Source

I wish people would see behind that F-in monogram bag, and see WHAT they actually design - their clothes are quite wonderful, to be honest.


Louuis Vuitton SS 2012
Source


Louis Vuitton SS 2013
Source
Sorry for the rant, but it really drives me crazy, when someone says: "OMG I LOOOOVE LOUIS VUITTON!!! THEIR BAGS ARE AMAZING!!!"

Louis Vuitton SS 2013
Source
Louis Vuitton FW 2013
Source
You know what really is amazing? The items in the picture below. Rant over.


Louis Vuitton SS 2016
Source




No comments:

Post a Comment