Sunday, December 13, 2015

The designer Bible - Part 17. - Christopher Kane

Rise and shine, fashionistas!


Welcome back, today we have a very special designer on the menu! 
I honestly didn't know much about Christoper Kane's work before I started looking into it recently, but I was very pleasantly surprised. A lot of times, when I'm looking for more info for my top 100 designers list, it's difficult for me to find pictures that excite me enough to put them into the posts, but I didn't have this problem with this guy! 

Cara Delevingne wearing Christopher Kane 2013 RTW
Source

Kane seems to have the bitchy resting face syndrome be a little moody, but for someone so talented, I think we can forgive something this minor. Let's see what he does!

Christopher Kane
Source





Christopher Kane SS 2012
Source
Christopher Kane FW 2014
Source

Kane was born to be a designer, he graduated from Central Saint Martins, and launched his brand almost immediately after, in 2006. His MA collection already got a lot of media attention, and he's been a much liked designer of celebrities ever since.

FKA Twigs wearing Christopher Kane at the 2015 Met Gala
Source
I think FKA Twigs is a perfect example of the women Kane is designing for - her style in music and his style in clothing just go so well together! I'm a die hard FKA fan, so if you haven't heard of her yet, you need to listen to this A.S.A.P.!



Christopher Kane dress
Source
Christopher Kane FW 2011-2012
Source

His approach to fashion is very artistic, many of his creations give me the vibe of abstract art, or even paintings - he's not afraid to use colors, and he is skillful enough to make clothes with new techniques that truly stand out - no wonder why he was chosen as the British Designer of the year 2013. Kane's brand raised the attention of the Kering group, who now own 51% share of the company. 




Christopher Kane Resort 2014
Source
Christopher Kane Resort 2014
Source



Christopher Kane SS 2014
Source 
So yeah, all in all, I like this guy! The best part of this schoolwork is that I get to discover people like him!

I'm gonna go pee and get on to my next designer now.

God bless your souls




No comments:

Post a Comment