Wednesday, November 25, 2015

The designer Bible - Part 1. - Acne

Good morning, fashionistas!


Whether it is a shame or not, I have to admit that even though I LOVE (with capital letters!) fashion, and I am extremely excited to learn it at school now, my background knowledge about many famous designers is far from ideal.

For this reason, I decided that I will do my little research on the biggest names in the industry, so it will be a learning experience for me, and hopefully interesting for You as a reader as well.


Photography JUCO Geometric pieces by Sandro Paris, Marni and Acne Studios

Our first trip leads us to ACNE, The name is the abbreviation of "Ambition to Create Novel Expressions" (psht, I didn't know this either!). 

The Stockholm based luxury brand was founded in 1997 by its current creative director, Jonny Johansson, executive chairman Mikael Schiller and CEO, Mattias Magnusson.

Jonny Johansson in Interview Magazine Source

Just like many other successful brands, Acne also started with one idea that escalated into something amazing - Johansson kickstarted the company by creating jeans with red stitching, and this was also the product that raised the attention of Wallpaper and Vogue Paris.

The Seeker - Bridget Malcolm by Karla Clarke for Harper's Bazaar Australia October 2015
ACNE FW 2015 Source

Acne now has stores worldwide in locations such as NY, LA, London, Paris and Hong Kong, just to name a few.

ACNE SS 2016 Source

The brand's signature is the high quality, long life clothing inspired by architecture, music and art,  made using eclectic materials. ACNE is now one of the biggest names in the business, offering a selection of quality ready-to-wear clothing, shoes and accessories for men and women worldwide.


Acne Jeans Source

Acne Studios resort 2016 Source 

I hope you liked this post, and hopefully you learnt something new about the world of fashion today. (I know I did!)

Return for some more yummy parts of the Fashion Bible, and Share, if you would like your friends to know about this, too!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment